70-80% of our immunity is resting in our gut. The GI tract produces 90% of Serotonin in our body. It is imperative that we balance that natural flora in the stomach that helps in increasing the immunity.
Compromising on your digestive health means compromising on your health. The digestive system ensures that the food is broken down into a soluble form that can be easily carried by the blood vessels. Digestion, absorption, and elimination of food are necessary for the efficient functioning of our body. Our GI system hosts over 500 species of bacteria.
Our digestive system is governed by ENS (enteric nervous system). ENS is also called the second brain of the body because it is built up of a vast network of nerve cells and is regulated by a lot of neurotransmitters, especially Serotonin found in the brain. Our brain and digestive system work hand in hand.
Dysfunction between the gut and the brain can cause Gastro-intestinal disorders. Our digestive health is of utmost importance as it is responsible for our immunity, drives our metabolism, produces vitamins and establishes an effective communication with other cells in the body. An average of 30-40% people complains about going through digestive disorders.
Let us share a few interesting facts about your digestive system with you :
We eat to nourish our cells, A poor choice of food could result in an identified illness.
Digestive disorders could lead to headaches, depression, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, etc.
Measures to take care of your digestive health:
Include fiber in your diet. One must consume at least 30% of the fiber in their diet daily.
It is crucial to keep our kidneys as wells as our bowels well hydrated. Hydration helps in the smoother movement of substances in the body.
Weight loss is strongly recommended because being overweight is the cause of heartburn issues in many cases.
- Quit smoking for the well-being of your gut.
- Eat smaller meals often so that you can effectively tackle the situation of bloating and indigestion.
- Exercises are an excellent stress-buster.
- Stay away from salt if you have health concerns related to the heart. An individual can consume 6g of salt per day.
- Friendly bacteria present in fermented food like yogurt help in the management of gastroenteritis, diarrhea, IBS, and IBD.
- Stress is directly related to our digestive health and stress management can help us maintain an excellent overall digestive health. Hence, Anka Wellness has programs like Workshops, Coaching, Massage Energy Bed, PEMF Mat, and Infrared Sauna.
- Regularly consuming alcohol should be avoided.
- Eat your food mindfully. Chew slowly
- Kitchen hygiene should be given utmost priority. A lot of focus must be put to ensure that the food is not undercooked.
- People who are intolerant to Lactose must stay away from dairy products.
- Seek medical advice when things go beyond your control.
- Choose Lean meat.
- Make sure you take your meals on time.
Our digestive health is often ignored however this 30-foot long mechanism is fundamental in determining how long you will live. Ensure that you take charge of your health and take a step further to a fuller life. Anka Wellness is committed to serving you with their products and services.