Managing Blood Sugar and Cholesterol
Balancing your blood sugar is more than just “dieting.” It understands how to balance out your gut and cleanse your organs properly. Controlling blood sugar can avoid Type 2 Diabetes.
Our body needs sugar so that it can work, like fuel to an engine. The process of utilizing this sugar from the blood can be quite a complicated process. The pancreas produces Insulin that helps the body to use sugar.
Diabetes occurs when your body becomes insensitive to insulin. High blood sugar can increase the chances of getting a stroke whereas low blood sugar can cause loss of consciousness, which can be equally fatal for life.
Educating you on proper nutrition and supplements for your body type is essential to help you get started. Incorporating healthy meals and exercise into your daily routine is very helpful.
Doctors believe that it’s crucial to follow daily routine while you tackle sugar related problems. Do visit your doctor regularly.
Real whole food nutrition and supplements with proper guidance at the right pace will get you to your goals.
There are many simple methods to keep the blood sugar in check.
- Regular Exercise: Regular exercise helps the body to be sensitive towards the action of insulin so that it can absorb the blood sugar to carry out the various life processes.
- Low Carbohydrate diet: Carbohydrates are broken down into glucose that will increase the level of sugar in the blood. Thus, a low carb diet can be useful in controlling blood sugar level.
- Fiber Intake Must Be Increased: Fiber’s role is to slow down the digestion of carbs and increase the absorption of sugar.
- Stay Hydrated Always: water is the best option to stay hydrated forever and to help avoid diabetes.
- Use Smaller Portion Sizes: Keep a control on the amount of food that can be consumed by you.
- Always opt for food with a lower glycemic index.
- Use relaxing methods like Yoga and Massage to bring down your stress level an keep your blood sugar problems at bay.
- Keep checking your blood sugar regularly.
- A poor sleep can disturb metabolic hormones. Make sure that you get sufficient sleep so that your blood sugar is maintained at a healthy level.
- Opt for foods that are rich in chromium and magnesium.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Choose food items like Apple Cider Vinegar, Berberine and Fenugreek seeds that help in blood sugar management.
Cholesterol must be considered as one of the factors in determining the risk of a heart attack or stroke. A blood cholesterol panel is needed for the evaluation of the risk. There are more tests if this test is not adequate like Lifetime risk, Coronary artery calcium score, high sensitivity C Reactive Protein, Ankle Brachial Index. You need to adopt a lifestyle that’s healthy for your heart.
There are some things that you can incorporate into your day-to-day living.
- Maintain your weight
- Regular exercise
- Quit or avoid smoking
- Keep your risk factors in check